With the beautiful fall weather we've had Steve and I decided to take the girls camping since the boys didn't have a football game. Steve got away late from work (of course) and even though I had paid for camping reservations at Erwin Park in McKinney, when we got there (8:00), there were no camps with fire pits. We finally decided to go home and grill the hot dogs because we were so hungry and Steve went to Home Depot and bought a fire pit and brought it home so we could roast marshmellows over a fire. We set up the tent with a few instructions, but not help, from Zach and Emma was asleep quickly. Steve opted to sleep in his soft comfortable bed. It got into the 4o's during the night and even with extra blankets Sophie and I still got cold. Dixie slept on her pillow at Sophie's feet but she clearly was not too excited to be in this strange new environment. At least Steve got up early and fixed us breakfast on the grill. Now all we have to do is put away all the camping equipment!
2 comments:
Hahaha the girls are so cute. I am disappointed that Sophie did not text me last night though...
Nice! We've been thinking about doing that too, "camping" in the backyard. Crazy weather. Hey, sorry I forgot to bring your spoons last week!
Post a Comment