Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Everyone needs one of these

I am well on my way to supplying half of the people I know with I Spy quilts or the fabric to make one. I decided it is my mission in life to see that everyone I know has an I Spy quilt of their own. After making one for myself and kits for all who wanted one at church I had skinny scraps that I couldn't throw away. I thought it would be great for Emma's 1st grade class to play with on indoor recess days of which they have a lot of. I made it in record time and gave it to Emma's class after I read them the story of "The Quiltmaker's Gift". It is one of my favorite stories. The quilt was a hit. A little girl said, "Next time you come, I'll have a gift for you!" So sweet. Well, I would be content in life to make quilts and give them away. I'm determined to find a way to get a quilting machine. You know, I am hoping for a demo model from the Houston quilt show...



1 comment:

Jami said...

Yea for I Spy quilts!