This "little" project took most of August but I loved every minute of it. It really got my creative juices flowing and even my girls gave me ideas. I made this for my sweet niece, Jami, who recently had her 3rd baby. I love her kids and would steal them if I could. I know that Xander, Maggie, and Stella will love playing with this book as much as I loved making it for them.

The cover is vinyl with 1/4" grommets in each page. The rings are a bit huge but the book turned out a little thicker than I planned so they were necessary. I wanted Jami to be able to take it apart if she doesn't want to carry around the whole book or spread it out easier among the kids.

This is an abacus activity with beads strung on stretchy nylon cord. I fused the background to the page behind it so it would lie flat.

Finger puppets from Ikea are stored in a fur zipper bag.

Clear vinyl cookie jar filled with two-sided candy and cookies. Lid has a velcro top.

The jean pocket holds a little photo album. I know babies love to see pictures of their family.

I had a page like this when I was little. You slide your hand inside the soft mitten.

This is another idea from a quiet book I had when I was little. It was my favorite page. You scoot the buttons around in the maze and they will never get lost.

This is a weaving page. I think it might be hard for some (it was hard for me) but I think babies will like to suck on the ribbons.

I love these fabric paper dolls! I fused the clothes to felt with heavy Heat n Bond and just cut them out. They stick great to the dolls and they will not fray.

Peek a Boo pages are always fun. Jami has a dog that looks like this one. You can feed her a bone.

I love I Spy and this page was so easy to go wild with. The lid has a latch that the hook fits into and necklaces always keep babies busy at church.

The ring on the hand is another idea from my childhood. The hand is velvet. My mirror closes with a loop and large pearl. The pink fabric is a kind of suede.

This page took the most effort in trial and error. Did I say that I love I Spy? There is a steel nail on plate behind the patchwork. The pieces have strong magnets inside them that let them stick to the board. They are stored in a velcro pocket on the neighboring page. I love this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment